Xanax and Ativan: Which is better for panic attacks?
Xanax and Ativan are both drugs that are used to control panic attacks and anxiety. They differ in the way that they work and the reasons for their use. Learn about the uses of Xanax and Ativan for Panic attacks and other types of diseases.
Table of Contents
What are Xanax and Ativan?
Xanax and Ativan are both benzodiazepines used for the treatment of anxiety and panic attacks, and both are equally effective for these uses. Xanax is the brand name for Alprazolam, and Ativan is the brand name for Lorazepam. Although both drugs belong to the drug class called benzodiazepines, and they have a similar mechanism of action, structural differences between them impact their activity in the body. Buy Xanax online without a prescription from our e-pharmacy because we ensure comfortable and effortless medicine ordering for our users.
Xanax vs Ativan: Which is better for panic attacks?
Xanax and Ativan work well for emotional and physical symptoms of panic attacks. You can say that Xanax and Ativan are almost equally effective in treating panic attacks. You can decide which of these drugs is more appropriate for your condition after reading the Xanax vs. Ativan points mentioned further in this article.
Can I take Xanax with Ativan for panic attacks?
It is not advisable to take these drugs together because using Ativan with Xanax can increase side effects such as drowsiness, confusion, dizziness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, can also experience impaired judgment, thinking, and motor coordination. Now let us discuss Xanax vs. Ativan.
Xanax vs Ativan
- Xanax is usually more quickly absorbed in the body than Ativan. Therefore, Xanax has a quicker onset of effect than Ativan. However, Xanax has a shorter duration of action (four to six hours) compared with Ativan’s eight hours.
- The effects of sedative and performance-impairing can happen sooner with Xanax but dissipate quicker than with Ativan.
- The generic name of Xanax is Alprazolam, whereas the generic name of Ativan is Lorazepam.
- The activity of Xanax is more likely to be affected by concurrent liver or kidney disease, alcoholism, race (people of Asian descent achieve higher concentrations, and activity of Xanax lasts longer), and obesity. However, Ativan is less likely to be influenced by age or race.
- Ativan is available in injection, tablet form, and oral concentrate. Xanax is available as both extended-release and immediate-release tablets and as an oral concentrate. You can buy Xanax online in the Xanax form that is suitable for your condition.
- Ativan is used in adults and adults’ children 12 years and older, while Xanax is used only in adults.
- The standard dosage of Ativan is 2 to 6 milligrams per day in divided doses (for example, 1-milligram tablet taken three times daily). In contrast, the usual dosage range of Xanax is 0.25 milligrams to 0.5 milligrams, taken three times daily.
- Ativan acts slower and our body removes Ativan more gradually than it does Xanax. This means that the effects of Ativan typically take longer to kick in; however, they last for longer compared with those of Xanax. Because of this, people usually take Ativan less frequently than Xanax.
- An oral dose of Xanax reaches its highest concentration in one to two hours, while it takes an oral dose of Ativan around two hours to reach peak concentrations.
- The average half-life for Xanax, i.e., the time taken for your body to remove half of the drug, is about 11.2 hours. The body removes Ativan more slowly, with a half-life of about 12 hours, or 18 hours for Ativan and its byproducts.
Ativan and Xanax are usually not prescribed together. So, you have to take only one medicine at a time.
Does Xanax stop panic attacks?
Xanax (Alprazolam) is a benzodiazepine. It is thought that Xanax enhances the activity of certain neurotransmitters called GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) in the brain.
This neurotransmitter can minimize the activity of nerve cells. Therefore, enhancing it has a calming effect that can improve symptoms of panic and anxiety, reduce muscle tension, stop seizures, and induce sleep. Therefore, Xanax is often used to treat panic attacks without or with a fear of places and situations that might cause panic, helplessness, or embarrassment (known as agoraphobia).
Xanax is also commonly used to treat anxiety disorders and anxiety caused by depression. Buy Xanax online for panic attacks from our pharmacy website because we are the most trusted online pharmacy store in the USA.
How to take Xanax for panic attacks?
First, Order Xanax online without a prescription to cure your panic attacks since Xanax effectively prevents future occurrences of panic attacks. Take Xanax exactly as directed by the doctor. Do not use Xanax in larger amounts or for longer than required. Inform your doctor if you feel an increased urge to use more of this medicine.
You may take Xanax with or without food. Swallow the Xanax XR extended-release tablet whole. Don’t chew, crush, or break the tablet. It would be best to store Xanax at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and light. Keep your medication in a place where no one can misuse Xanax.
Note: after knowing the differences between Xanax and Ativan, you can buy Xanax and Ativan medicine from our pharmacy store for the treatment of panic attacks and anxiety without a prescription. So, click the link and get your Xanax and Ativan medicine for pain attacks.