Showing all 3 results
What is Lorazepam?
Ativan is the brand name of Lorazepam, among many others. It is a benzodiazepine medication. It treats anxiety disorders, trouble sleeping, severe agitation, active seizures including status epilepticus, alcohol withdrawal, and chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting.
You can buy Lorazepam online without any hassle. It is available in injection form too. It is for specific medical procedures, including surgery, to relieve anxiety. Order Lorazepam online quickly. Using Lorazepam before surgery, the patient can forget some of their memory and details about the procedure.
Important information about Lorazepam
- It is a benzodiazepine. And benzodiazepine hails from the group of medicines known as central nervous system depressants, which are medicines that slow down the nervous system or brain of the patient.
- You can buy this medication only after the doctor's prescription. This medication is available in solution form also.A
What to know before taking Lorazepam
- How you have to use it and how much you have to take is the doctor's decision. The decision to use this medication and the risk of using the drug depends on the doctor.
- Consult your health advisor if you have allergies or unusual reactions to this medication or other medications. And tell your health advisor or doctor about your allergies, like foods, dyes, preservatives, or animals.
- It is not specific on the relationship of age to the effects of Lorazepam injection in the pediatric population. It is uncertain to demonstrate geriatric-specific problems that would control the use of Lorazepam injections in older adults. Elderly individuals are more vulnerable to have severe drowsiness or age-related heart, liver, or kidney problems, which might need an adjustment in the dose in patients receiving Lorazepam injections.
- This medication certainly poses minimal risk to the infant while breastfeeding.
How to take Lorazepam
You should use this medicine according to the doctor's prescription. Please do not take it more than or less than the prescription or take it longer than the doctor's advice. Older individuals or patients are more sensitive, so they should use it carefully. It may be habit-forming if you use this medication for a longer time.
Using copious amounts of this medication can damage your liver. You should know the prescription to prevent the addiction, abuse, and misuse of this medication. While buying this medication, you should read the medication guide and information for patients. And follow the instructions and prescription carefully. Use a spoon, oral syringe, dropper, or medicine cup to measure the oral liquid medication.
The amounts of this medication are different for different patients. Use the orders and directions on the label. If your dose is extra, you should not change it unless your doctor's prescription. The dose of medication you take depends on the strength of the drug and how you react to the first dose. Care for the number of amounts and length of the time you take the medication, depending on the medical condition you take this medication.
Discuss these points with your doctor before taking the medication:
- Symptoms and sufferings of your condition that bother you the most
- Thoughts of suicide or harming yourself
- Past medications report and effects
- If you feel side effects from your medications, discuss them with a doctor
- Some psychiatric or medical problems you have including obstructive sleep apnea
- If you are elder or prone to falls
- If you are pregnant
- Usual adult dose for anxiety:
- First dose: 2 to 3 mg orally,
- 2 to 3 times a day
- Balancing dose: 1 to 2 mg orally 2 to 4 times a day
- 0.05 mg/kg IM once
- Maximum dose: 4 mg
Lorazepam is a potent, medium-acting benzodiazepine that frequently treats short-term anxiety, reduces seizure activity, and provides sedation in hospital settings as a requirement.
Ativan might also contribute to polydrug overdoses when combined with prescription opioid analgesics, a combination responsible for a considerable part of overdose deaths. Due to its potency, fast onset of action, and pleasant, rewarding effects, Ativan has a high propensity for abuse and misuse. Symptoms of Ativan overdose: Ativan overdose presents symptoms including;
- Paradoxical reactions
- Respiratory depression
- Increased sedation
Paradoxical reactions include:
- Increased anxiety
Unintentional overdose might cause too by combining Ativan with other medications, like:
- Other benzodiazepines
- Muscle relaxers
- Tricyclic antidepressants
- Cold and flu medications
- Antihistamines like Benadryl
What to avoid while using Lorazepam:
Avoid alcohol and illegal street drugs while using Lorazepam. It might mitigate the benefits, worsen your conditions and increase the adverse effects of the drug. Alcohol enhances the risk of accidental overdose with medications like Lorazepam.
Lorazepam side effects:
If you experience some of these side effects after using Lorazepam: Common side effects:
- Feeling dizzy, drowsy, tired, or lightheaded
- Impaired coordination, decreased ability to concentrate
- Blue lips, fingernails, or skin
- Hazy sight
- Trouble breathing
- Irregular, fast or slow, or shallow breathing
- Sleepiness or unusual drowsiness
- Unusual tiredness or weakness
Serious side effects:
- Shortness of breath, trouble to speak, feeling very tired, dizziness or passing out.
- Increased heart rate, headache, memory impairment, irritability, restlessness
- Some people using benzodiazepines develop a severe allergic reaction and swelling of the face. It can happen as early as with the first dose
- Signs of feeling depressed or low mood, thoughts of harming or killing yourself, or lack of interest in life.
Rare side effects:
- Bleeding, blistering, burning, coldness, discoloration of the skin, feeling of pressure, hives, infection, inflammation, itching, lumps, numbness, pain, rash, redness
- Scarring, soreness, stinging, swelling, tenderness, tingling, ulceration, or warmth at the injection place
- Fever or chills, often urination
- Lack of consciousness, lower back or side pain
What drugs can interact with Lorazepam:
Avoid driving or fatal activity unless you are healthy It can cause dizziness, or drowsiness can cause falls, accidents, or severe injuries. Certain medications can interact with this medication. Please do not take them together with Lorazepam
Taking these medicines together can cause severe side effects. Using alcohol, foods, tobacco with certain drugs might also cause interactions. Avoid certain types of food too.